I attended a session titled ‘Project Management’, which was very useful!
The tutor showed us some methods for applying a scientific model of corporate or programme management to an academic environment. Specifically, three factors: cost, time and scope, represented as the Triple Constraint triangle model was interesting. It gives you a clear idea of how to balance each factor in your project. I also found a useful website Program Success, which explains the model in detail.
Good project management is all about control, completion and quality definition. The tutor stressed planning the project weekly!
- set blocks per week
- set weekly goals
- keep weekly achievements
My achievements from Week 8:
- made a substantial change in my research protocol and submitted it.
- joined two research seminars.
Goals for the next week are to
- prepare for a supervision meeting
- attend three training sessions
- do more student-led activities in class
- work on literature review