I attended a session titled ‘Project Management’, which was very useful! The tutor showed us some models and methods for applying a scientific model of corporate or programme management to an academic environment. Specifically, three factors, cost, time and scope, represented as the ‘Triple Constraint’ triangle model was interesting. It gives you a clear idea of how to balance each factor in your project.
I also found a useful website Program Success, which explains the model in detail
Good project management is all about control, completion and quality definition. The tutor stressed planning the project weekly:
- set blocks per week
- set weekly goals
- keep weekly achievements
My achievements from Week 8:
- I made a substantial change in my research proposal and submitted it.
- Teaching went well.
- I joined two research seminars.
Goals for the next week are to
- prepare for the 3rd supervision meeting
- attend three training sessions
- do more student-led activities in class
- work on literature review, adding at least 700 words by 3rd March