My probation review was postponed to October because the panel is too busy this month, which is painful for me! This means that I have more time to prepare for it, but my nervousness never slackens and has rather grown.
My preparation includes:
- reading my documents thoroughly (research protocol, one chapter, ethics application and field notes);
- creating a summary of my research and preliminary findings which I will give to the panel orally; and
- preparing responses to questions ranging from general to specific questions.
I have also started reading a pile of books to write Chapter 2. My first summary of it will be due around 17th October.
My goals for Week 38:
- Continue my preparation and practice!
- Share transcribed conversation notes from my fieldwork with my supervisors