I made some methodological amendments to my research; I had planned to conduct interviews and focus groups for qualitative data collection in my fieldwork, but decided not to conduct them, and to devote my fieldwork to observing and recording real-life clinical consultations, and to analyse the audio data. The main reason for this amendment is that my fieldwork has to fit in with the professional timetables of my participants. I was a bit scared of hearing my supervisors’ response to this adjustment, but they were very understanding, saying ‘it is sensible’, which was a great relief.
This week, I spent four hours writing my thesis, in two sessions of two hours each. This system works well! Then, I spent the rest of the time finishing updates to the Information Statement and Consent Form for my research participants, and translating them into Japanese. On Friday, I asked a professional translator (a friend of a friend) to review my Japanese translations, which will be described as the translation procedures in my thesis.
As for my private life, Luca found a temporary job, so he is no longer unemployed! Apart from the news and my research progress, everything is going as usual. We will try to bake cinnamon rolls next week.
Goals for Week 48:
- Edit Chapter 3
- Revise my proposal to apply for research funding
- Have an in-depth discussion at the supervision meeting