This week, I conducted the second day of my data collection, which included five observations and four audio recordings. I have really enjoyed visiting different patients with health professionals and learning how professionals in different fields work together in elderly care.
It took some time for me to start data collection. I didn’t want to begin observations or interviews immediately. First, I wanted to have several face-to-face meetings with physician participants. They didn’t mind doing this, and I found that they were interested in my research ‘from a researcher perspective’. When I have finished my research, I will share the results with all of the participants. This motivates me in my field research!
My biggest achievement of the week is that I finished writing and submitting my conference proposal. I am very happy that I managed this as I haven’t been able to spend much time writing since January.
My achievements in Week 59
- Made five observations and four audio recordings.
- Submitted my conference proposal.
- Made leaflets to recruit patient participants for audio recordings and focus group.
- Finally finished writing my progress report on field research.
Goals for Week 60
- Finish editing my paper.
- Conduct two-day observations and an interview.
- Celebrate my dad’s 75th birthday!