Two weeks to go until my next deadline. I’ve been listening to my data – audio files I collected last year – to finalise the transcripts that become the appendices.
Last year, I conducted one-to-one interviews with physician participants and focus groups with patient participants, along with recording their consultations. I then made a report of general findings in June 2018. Because I started to analyse only the consultations, which is the main data, a year and two months passed until I listened to the interviews again.
It feels so different to hear my interview questions and their responses now.
The participants were frank, added jokes between their narrative, and gave me a lot of information that I wanted to know. It’s quite funny to listen to how I responded to their answers. I tried not to interrupt them, which means I couldn’t stop their talking while I worried about the time allowed for each interview.
I have a strong feeling that the next 14 days, including this weekend, will be key to completing my draft thesis.
Early this year, I made a prediction that I would submit my thesis at the earliest in December and at the latest in February 2020. But my optimistic feeling tells me that it could happen in November. That’s pretty wishful thinking though.
The reason I sense this is that the editing process is finally in sight and I have my motivation back. I’ve been embracing the process of making transcripts and translations as a student in linguistics and acknowledging more and more that audio files are very precious raw data.
I have already missed being a PhD student and a lazy day at home writing my thesis.
My achievements in week 137
- Wrote and edited half of the findings chapter.
Goals for week 138
- Write and edit chapters 2, 4 and 5.